Surprisingly, the disease tuberculosis has a connection to the origin of the name for these chairs. There was a sanatorium in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York that treated people who were recovering from tuberculosis, according to the urban legend. These chairs, formerly known as Westport plank chairs, attained such widespread acceptance due to their accommodating seating position and armrests that the Westport plank chairs were rechristened as plank chairs.
To compile this list, we combed through more than 30 different products to identify the top 5 plastic Adirondack chairs available today. In the course of compiling our reviews, the first thing that we did was investigate the types of materials that were utilized in the construction of each model chair. This is because the materials used are the primary factor influencing how sturdy and resilient a chair will be over time. The next thing that we did was examine the overall dimensions of each chair, as well as the maximum capacity of each one. The numbers on the chairs will tell you how many people can sit on them and where they can be placed on your deck or patio. The Highwood AD-CHL1-NBE emerged as the clear winner among all the different models we investigated to become the model we recommend to our readers as the Editor’s Choice.
|Highwood AD-CHL1-ACE Hamilton Made in the USA Adirondack Chair||Color: Weathered Acorn
|Trex Outdoor Furniture TXA15SC Yacht Club Shellback Adirondack Chair||Color: Sand Castle
Brand: Trex Outdoor Furniture
Style: Cape Cod
|POLYWOOD AD5030WH Classic Folding Adirondack Chair||Color: White
|POLYTEAK Folding Adirondack Chair||Color: Grey
|Vineyard Rocking Chair, Slate Grey||Color: Slate Grey
01. Highwood AD-CHL1-ACE Hamilton Made in the USA Adirondack Chair
If you are looking for the plastic Adirondack chair that is considered the best overall option, then this particular model may be the first one you want to investigate further. Even though it is one of the lighter models currently available for purchase, it still manages to have an exceptionally high weight capacity. Even though it only weighs a negligible 33 pounds by itself, this model has a capacity of up to 400 pounds. Because of this, it is an excellent choice for anyone interested in entertaining their friends, regardless of their number of friends. Its lightweight design is also ideal for anyone who likes to rearrange their furniture from time to time because it will not be as taxing on your back.
The fact that this chair has a lighter design than others might lead you to believe that its durability will suffer as a result; however, this is not the case. The hardware included with this chair is extremely hardy and resistant to the effects of the elements. Even if you leave the chair outside in the elements for an extended period, there is no risk of the hardware rusting because it is crafted from stainless steel of grade 304.
The fact that this chair can be folded into a smaller, more manageable size makes it another advantageous feature. Even if you want to bring these chairs with you on a trip or to a picnic in the park, you shouldn’t have any trouble packing them and bringing them along with you on your travels because they are very portable.
Another one of this chair’s strong points is its comfortable seat. This model of the Adirondack chair sits at a comfortable height, which makes it much easier for people to get in and out of the chair. In contrast, most Adirondack chairs have seats that are very low to the ground. The narrowness of the seat is this model’s only significant shortcoming; everything else about it is top-notch. It is still wide enough to accommodate most people, but those on the larger side may find that it does not provide quite the amount of space they would prefer.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA – backed by US customer service and support
- Leave outside year-round. Will not crack, peel, or rot when exposed to the elements
- NO SANDING, STAINING, OR PAINTING – yet it looks like real wood
- DURABLE MATERIAL – assembled with 304 Grade Stainless Steel hardware
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE (see assembly guide) – assembled chair dimensions are 29″W x 34″H x 36″D (33lbs). Seat Height is 9. 5 inches. Seat width is 20 inche.
02. Trex Outdoor Furniture TXA15SC Yacht Club Shellback Adirondack Chair
If you are looking for a chair that you won’t have to store away after each change of the seasons and that can withstand anything that mother nature can throw at it, then this product will be the best choice. This chair is constructed using Polywood lumber, known for its exceptional durability. This plastic lumber has been subjected to special treatment and has been manufactured in the United States so that it is completely resistant to the elements. It does not matter what kind of climate it is exposed to; it will last the test of time and continue to have a fantastic appearance. A significant advantage of this is that it reduces the amount of upkeep required to keep the chairs looking as good as possible.
This chair has a very high capacity, as it can support weights of up to 200 kilograms (400 lbs). It also has a design that is a little bit more substantial on the seat and the back, which makes it very long-lasting. Even though this chair is considerably more robust than its rivals, it is surprisingly not significantly heavier than other chairs of its kind. The weight of this particular model is only 37 pounds. This results in it being light enough to move around without much difficulty.
The only thing you need to keep in mind when using this chair is that the arms have a propensity to bend inward if you place an excessive amount of weight on them when you stand up from the chair. If you position your hands, so they are on the very tips of the arms, you won’t have any problems with this. It won’t make a difference to the chair, even if you occasionally catch yourself holding the middle of it by accident. However, if you consistently position your hands in the middle of the arm, there is a possibility that it will wear out over time.
- Durable construction. Constructed of genuine polywood lumber to withstand hot sun, snowy winters, salt spray, chlorine, and strong coastal winds.
- POLYWOOD lumber is a proprietary plastic containing recycled milk jugs and detergent bottles.
- Weatherproof. Will not splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot. Resistant to chlorine, salt, food and beverage stains
- Easy maintenance. Cleans easily with soap, water, and a soft bristle brush.
- COMFORTABLE. Contoured back provides comfortable seating. A 16-inch seat height allows for easy entry and exit.
- Cape cod adirondack chair
- Items that require assembly often take less than 30 minutes to complete and include basic tools with easy to follow instructions; made in USA.
03. POLYWOOD AD5030WH Classic Folding Adirondack Chair
The fact that this particular model is made out of recycled plastic sets it apart from many of the other models currently available on the market, which is another of this model’s many strong points. This type of plastic is not only exceptionally long-lasting and pleasant to sit on, but it is also beneficial to the health of the natural world. Because the production of this chair did not require the creation of any new plastic, you can be certain that the use of this model is assisting in making our planet a little bit cleaner.
Although a wide range of color options are available for each of the chairs on our list, this particular model offers the widest selection. If you buy this chair, you will have a choice between fifteen different colors, making it much simpler to coordinate its appearance with the rest of the furnishings in your outdoor space.
There is one thing you need to keep in mind before you purchase this chair, even though it is a model that is both lightweight and high-capacity. This chair is designed to sit quite close to the floor. Although this is a very comfortable position, it may be more challenging for people of a certain age or those with knee problems to get out of it when they are ready to stand up.
- Built to withstand a range of climates including hot sun, snowy winters, and strong coastal winds.
- Polywood lumber is a proprietary plastic containing recycled milk jugs and detergent bottles.
- Weatherproof. Will not splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot when exposed to the elements.
- Easy to store. Folds flat for easy transportation and storage.
- Comfortable. Contoured to provide the comfortable seating expected of adirondack chairs.
04. POLYTEAK Folding Adirondack Chair
One of the most significant drawbacks of an Adirondack chair is that it is extremely challenging to store one. This is primarily because they are significantly larger than a typical chair. To get around this problem, many manufacturers make their chairs in a way that allows them to be folded up. However, many models only fold up to a certain point, making them less than ideal for use. Thankfully, this chair is quite different in this regard compared to others. If you choose to fold this chair, you will be able to fold it up, which makes storage a lot simpler, particularly if there is a limited amount of available space.
Additionally, in comparison to most of its rivals, the weight of this chair is noticeably lower. It doesn’t weigh much more than thirty pounds, which makes it very simple to transport from one location to another. Because it is so lightweight and simple to store, this chair would be an excellent piece of furniture to bring along with you when you travel, even if you only have limited space available for your belongings. Because it is resistant to water, it can be used effectively in various climatic conditions.
The only thing you really need to be concerned about when it comes to this chair is that it has a lower weight capacity rating compared to other models. The weight capacity of this chair is only 300 pounds, even though it is in no way flimsy. It is also a little bit narrower compared to other chairs, so keep this in mind before you make your final decision because it will not be able to accommodate larger people very well at all.
- 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗨𝗠 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗟 – POLYTEAK’s Unique Blend of HIPS/PS Recyclable Plastic Provides a Realistic Teak Wood Finish that Looks Beautiful in Any Homes. Easy to Maintain and Premium Quality, the Color Saturation is Long Lasting and Will Stay Vibrant for Many Years.
- 𝗘𝗥𝗚𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗖 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧 & 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 – Relax in Your Very Own POLYTEAK’s Ultra-Comfortable Classic Adirondack Chair. The Classic Collection Is Ergonomically Designed for the Most Comofrotable Seating Experience. The Classic Collection features Wide Armrests, 5-Slats Back, Spacious Seating, and Sturdy Structure.
- 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗧 & 𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗗𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 – The Classic Collection by POLYTEAK features a Hinge that Allows for Easy Folding, Perfect for Storage or Travel and Folds to 11-inches.
- 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗥 & 𝗦𝗜𝗭𝗘 – Model: CLSC-ADI-GRY, Color: GREY. Assembled Dimensions: 37” Tall x 35” Deep x 19.75” Wide Seat. – Arrives Partially Assembled.
- 𝗟𝗜𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗬 & 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 – POLYTEAK is proudly based in the USA with our Central office located in Sunny California, Our Service Team is Here to Help with Any Issue that may arise. For Warranty Details Please visit POLYTEAK Website.
05. Vineyard Rocking Chair, Slate Grey
There are typically two kinds of chairs considered appropriate for use as furniture on a porch or in a backyard setting. The Adirondack chair and the traditional rocking chair are two examples of these. Because it is constructed to incorporate these two comfortable chairs into a single high-quality piece of furniture, this model allows you to enjoy the benefits of both options in a single, convenient package. You will be able to rock in this chair just like you would in a rocker, in addition to sitting back and relaxing as you would in a traditional Adirondack chair when using this chair. You will find that sitting for extended periods in this position is very relaxing and extremely comfortable.
This chair is also extremely long-lasting in comparison to others on the market. This is because it was designed to be extra thick. Although this thickness is beneficial in the long run, it adds significant weight. The weight of this chair, which is approximately 44 pounds, places it among the options considered the heaviest. Compared to a model made of wood, this one is, of course, still manageable in terms of its weight and portability. This chair has a very high weight capacity of 400 pounds, which is expected from one built to last as long as this one does.
The fact that it is manufactured from recycled plastics and is available in a wide variety of hues is yet another significant advantage of this chair. This recycled plastic is good for the environment, and the various colors are great for making your décor flow with your entertaining outdoor area. In addition, the different colors are great for making your décor stand out. This chair also features color-stay technology, ensuring that the colors will continue to look vibrant and brand new for an extended period.
- Chair features comfortably contoured seat and waterfall front, and gently sloped runners which provide a smooth rocking rhythm
- Built to withstand a range of climates including hot sun, snowy winters, and strong coastal winds
- Constructed of genuine POLYWOOD lumber, a proprietary blend of plastics which includes recycled milk jugs and detergent bottles
- Durable, all-weather lumber not prone to splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot
- 20-year residential warranty; 3-year commercial warranty.